Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Going to the Chapel....

And we're gonna get married!

Actually I'm already married, but if I were going to do it over again, I would do a few things differently.

First, I would mother effing elope.  Weddings are expensive.  And dramatic.  And did I  mention expensive? I wish I had just taken the dollars spent and put it towards, oh I dunno, a house?!

So!  Here's what I would do if I could go back in time.

1.  Courthouse wedding!  You don't need a fancy dress or veil or shoes or anything really.  Wear jeans if you want.  (I don't think I'd wear jeans, though.)  Here's a dress from my shop that I think would be gorgeous at a courthouse wedding or elopement.
Fancy!
2. Go to your favorite restaurant with your favorite people.  Make it fine dining, and limit it to your immediate family and closest friends.  It won't be cheap exactly, but it is MUCH cheaper than mediocre food for 200.

3. Make your own bouquet.  Either go to your local flower shop and ask for help or stop by Whole Foods flower department.  They have decent prices for gorgeous flowers, and there's nothing wrong with a simple and pretty bouquet.  You can have it preserved and framed for your house for not too much money!

4. Have a baller honeymoon.  With all that dough you saved on your dress, food, flowers, and venue, you can probably afford a much nicer honeymoon.

Ready, set, get married!

No comments:

Post a Comment