Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Diving In

Sometimes, you just have to do something that seems really dumb. (Sidenote: this is not my first seemingly dumb but ultimately right choice.  I did drop out of law school two weeks in, after all.)

Every once in awhile, you just need to throw caution to the wind and give yourself a chance to do something that you really want to do.  Because the only thing worse than failing is not trying and then wondering what could have been.

This week is my last week as a full time nanny.  My husband is pretty much the best and has decided that he can support us financially while I try my hand at making my etsy store work.  I'll still be working keeping books at a therapy clinic very part time, but he'll be carrying essentially all of the financial burden.  Hopefully my store will continue on the path it has been on for the past month, slowly but surely increasing sales and helping with bills, but if not, it will be a learning experience.  And it will be fun.  I haven't had a lot of fun since I graduated college, and I'm really excited to do something that I genuinely enjoy.

Plus, my sister-in-law comes to visit us for a week during each summer, and I've dragged her to babysit with me this past year.  I'm looking forward to being able to relax while she's here.

It's going to be a good summer.  I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment